Controlling a widget from an other

Hi,

I have a simple window with a text entry and a treeview below
it.

The text entry has the focus, so the user can type in it. I'd like
to allow the user to scroll the treeview without having to switch
the keyboard focus manually to the treeview.

So if the user presses up/down/page up/down when being in
the text entry, I'd like the treeview to properly react to these
keypresses.

How can I do it?

I see two alternatives:

- Catch the keypress in the text entry and invoke the
appropriate functions of the treeview for scrolling. This does
not seem viable, since the scrolling functions are not exposed
for the treeview.

- When up/down/etc is pressed then the keypress should be
sent to treeview somehow by focusing it temporarily and
generating a new keypress event? Is it possible?

Or is there any other way?

Thanks in advance.

ÚJ LAKÁS, FELÚJÍTÁS LAKÁSKASSZÁVAL? Számolja ki Ön is!
http://lakaskassza.origo.hu