Re: gtkentry and return key

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 09:51:22 +0200
"Olexiy Avramchenko" <aolexiy gmail com> wrote:

> On 11/2/06, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma netcologne de> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The gtkentry emits an 'activate' signal when you press return in it.
> > Can this be deactivated, so that the key is not handled by the
> > gtkentry? I want to use a generic key function.
>
> Hello, Mattias
> There's GtkTextView widget for the multiline text input.
>
>   Olexiy

Thanks. But I don't know how this helps here or maybe I made myself not
clear.

I have a generic short cut/key function, that is customaizable by the
user. It should be able to handle all keys, that are not handled by the
gtkcombo, gtkentry, ... widget itself.
The return key is handled by the gtkentry, but only emits an activate
event, which is not used by myself. So I want to handle the return key
by the generic function.

Mattias