searching documentation for GTK+

Hi,

I want to learn GTK+, but here's my dilemma: all the books I found make use of the C language. I don't want to C / C++, as it would take too much time to remember / re-learn them ... and it would be a useless experience for me because I wouldn't use them anyway.

I prefer Java ... are there books / documentations / tutorials for Java-GTK ?
Is Java-GTK still maintained ?

I have to mention that I am a complete beginner to the world of Linux.
I appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks,