Re: Cairo support

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 16:56 +0400, Andrew E. Makeev wrote:
> Slower... We used gtk-demo to test dlls. So, with freetype enabled,
> application was noticeable slower just at the beginning, but speed
> became normal with time. It is not important now, when we disabled freetype.

we have noticed recently that this is a function of the number of
installed fonts. several of our european beta testers have 3000+ fonts
installed and FcFontSort appears to be called way, way, way too many
times during program startup. reducing the number of installed fonts
seems to have quite dramatic impacts on program startup times. this
appears to be a scaling defect in some versions of pango - we have not
established whether it applies the most recent version(s) yet.

--p