Re: g_module_build_path on Win32

On 3/29/2006 8:11, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
Eugene T writes:
> g_module_build_path prepends a "lib" prefix to module names on Win32, > which imitates the Unix behavior. Is there a technical reason for
 > this?

Not really, except that the "lib" prefix is used on Win32, too,
exactly in the kind of software that most often uses GLib
I.e. software which has been ported from GNOME/Unix, and which is
built using the GNU toolcahin (especially libtool).

Thanks a lot for the quick response! I wasn't aware of the libtool issue. I guess it certainly makes sense from that perspective, it was just a little strange coming in from the Windows side looking to port to Unix.

-Eugene