How to change GTK Open/Save Dialog style?

Hello,

I am wondering how I may change the default style of Open/Save dialog box. I am currently using Fedora Core 4 with Gnome 2.12. I have searched gconf-editor, but
haven't found anything for this:

For every file I open or save, I click the "Browse for other folders" and have to resize the dialog because it is too small. I also frequently click the "File type" option. I would like to have these options permanently turned on and set a larger dialog size.

Where may I find the configuration to change these?

Thanks for any help,

Stephen Mirowski