Auto-scrolling up or down a GtkScrolledWindow

Hi again guys.

I have a GtkScrolledWindow which contents I refresh periodically. I
would like it to scroll down each time I update its contents.

I've tried something like this:

VScrollBarPos = gtk_scrolled_window_get_vadjustment (..);
VScrollBarPos->value--; (or value++)

each time I write in it. But it doesn't seem to work. The scroll
window doesn't scroll down (though I can still do it manually).

I also tryied with combinations of:
- gtk_scrolled_window_set_vadjustment(..)
- gtk_adjustment_set_value        (..)

But still doesn't work.

When debugging I saw that upper and lower bounds don't change (though
I still can scroll up and down manually in the GUI).

What am I doing wrong? Why isn't it working?

Thanks again in advance.
AV.