Firefox wont use the res set in xorg. Can I set it in gtkrc?

Hi Guys

 I dont think this is strictly a firefox issue, so I hope its ok to ask in here (the mozilla forums have given no response).

 Basically all my GTK apps are using the resolution set in my xorg.conf 1024x768, except firefox, it insists on displaying as though I have set 800x600. So, as you can imagine viewing anything in firefox means losing all screen realestate, another way to explain it is that my cursor doubles in size when it rolls over firefox.

 Is there a way to set the default res for all GTK apps in my gtkrc? or even better, for specific apps?

Thanks in advance

=^_^=