Re: Why I can not install glib?

HU Li wrote:
Dear Rick,

Thank you very much. Then how can I change this path, i.e.,
/usr/local/bin/_inst.17461_, to another directory? I think it must be
specified in one configuration file.

I'm a little sketchy there, but perhaps the --prefix option to configure?

rick jones

Best regards,
HU Li(Harry Hu)
PG Student, Dept.of EEE
HKUST

HU Li wrote:

Dear all,

When I try to install glib-2.8.0 on a UNIX workstation, all the
installation steps run properly except the last one: make install.

The error message is as follows:

make  install-recursive
Making install in .
/bin/bash ./mkinstalldirs /usr/local/bin
./install-sh -c glib-gettextize /usr/local/bin/glib-gettextize
cp: cannot create /usr/local/bin/_inst.17461_: Read-only file system
*** Error code 2

Well, that "Read-only file system" message when trying to create
/usr/local/bin/_inst.17461_ is probably the main clue.  My guess would
be that either /usr/local/bin is read-only, or perhaps your user id does
not have sufficient permissions to put files there.

rick jones