GtkTextView, move-cursor signal

Dear All,

I'm deriving a simple styled editor from a gtk-text-view; and want
to know if the cursor position has changed, so that I can adjust
some style combo boxes; i.e. change the style in the combobox
to the style currently underneath the cursor position.

I'm thinking of connecting to the "move-cursor" signal, but the
documentation says:

Applications should not connect to it, but may emit it with g_signal_emit_by_name()
if they need to control scrolling programmatically.

Is there an other way?

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema