Re: glib\guitls.h, atexit and the windows DDK

Tor Lillqvist wrote:
Rick Jones writes:
> the first complaint out of the > compiler (among many :) is that in line 239 of gutils.h atexit is being > redefined with different type modifiers (error C2373)

Hmm, does it help to make the declaration
 int __cdecl atexit(void (__cdecl *)(void));
instead?

I thought about trying that, which then got me in the "fun" of trying to use notepad :) I'll see about moving the file around to where it can be edited with something useful.

> Notepad is useless for looking at the include file (pointers on that > score most welcome)

Notepad doesn't handle the Unixish line-endings of just one newline
(linefeed) character. Wordpad handles them fine, but presumably you
want some real text editor instead. (Or an IDE, even.)

Got emacs?-) I'd not heard of wordpad - and it doesn't seem to be on the system to which I have access - pointer? I'm enough of a stone knives and bearskins type I don't really care to get involved in an IDE.

 > #ifdef G_OS_WIN32
 > /* It's a bad idea to wrap atexit() on Windows. If the GLib DLL calls
 >   * atexit(), the function will be called when the GLib DLL is detached
 >   * from the program, which is not what the caller wants. The caller
 >   * wants the function to be called when it *itself* exits (or is
 >   * detached, in case the caller, too, is a DLL).
 >   */
 > int atexit (void (*)(void));
 > #define g_atexit(func) atexit(func)
 > #endif
> > am I just missing something really simple? I would have thought that > would be an extern int right?
"an" extern int? atexit() is a function.

sloppy wording on my part, sorry.

all the good discussion of g_atexit deleted. indeed, in my previous searches of the archives etc I did come across those points about g_atexit/atexit. At present I've no particular plans to use [g_]atexit, just want to get the DDK compiler happy with the .h file :)

thanks,

rick jones