Embedded uses diverging Re: GTK+ 2.8.13 released

At some point as Gtk+ progresses on to Gtk+ 2.10 and Gtk+ for embedded
use remains pretty much a heavily patched Gtk+ 2.6 (nokia 770 et al),
does it make sense to have a real branch for strictly embedded use?
The reason I say that is the emphasis on things like Cairo, which is
heavily floating point based really has no place in an fpu-less ARM
processor.

It also becomes hard to backport various and sundry bug fixes.

Any thoughts?

Sean