Re: Any reason to worry about using wx? (but it uses GTK!?! :)
- From: "Jose Hevia" <jose francisco hevia gmail com>
- To: gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Any reason to worry about using wx? (but it uses GTK!?! :)
- Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 22:57:09 +0200
2006/6/29, Christian Seberino <christianseberino yahoo com>:
wx uses GTK under the hood...at least on Unix and Linux.
Can anyone see any problems //down the road// with using wx as far
as losing benefits a pure GTK app would have?
wx->- Another layer of stuff.
- A subset of GTK, so it could be compatible with others.(you
- GTK works on windows, Unix(X11) and native MacOS is in process.
-Look at audacity-> wx , amsn... They are ugly on Linux (seems
they use GTK 1.2 or GTK 2.0 without themes)(amsn added themes
recently, but I remember a lot of people complaining how bad it
was(they judged only by its appearance))
-IMHO win32 is dead, Microsoft needs to sell its new .Net
related widgets, wx uses win32.
-I have never used wx, so I could be mistaken.
] [Thread Prev