Re: Scrolling performance

Hello Nick,

I don't know if this has any relevance now, but I experienced similar poor
performance a while ago with a machine who's configuration was very
similar to yours (Athlon 1000, Nvidia FX5200) and it seemed related to the
Nvidia binary driver current at the time (a couple of years ago).
Definitivly could be ... all my systems are equiped with NVidia cards
(GF488Go, FX5200, GF6600) and I am using the nvidia binary driver on
all of my systems.

However throwing their closed-source beast away is not an option for
me, from time to time I play 3d games or enjoy opengl/shader
development for fun.
Many others also use the nvidia driver, maybe theres a way it could be solved?

It really could be this combination, maybe it could be worked arround
(if easy) or someone could file a bugreport at nvidia, however I guess
they would like to see specific claims. Does anybody know a better way
for profiling X/X requests than oprofile?

Thanks a lot for reading, lg Clemens