Re: Treeview - scrolling through rows via method calls

Bill Sousan wrote:

I other words, I need to emulate the user scrolling through the treeview by
line, by page, or to the beginning or end.  I think the begin or end would
not be too bad.
I have used treeviews on touchscreens... from my experience all you
need is big fat rows and a nicely themed vertical scrollbar on your
scrolled window, make sure they are big fat buttons :)

You probably also want to design your app so that selecting a row (single or multiple) is the extent of the treeview interaction... toggle renderers are probably fine, but combo renderers and ofcourse; editable text renderers are out of the question.

The GtkAdjustment used for the scrollbar usually has ok defaults, but
if you need to tinker the page-size and step-increment etc... the GtkAdjutment
is the right place to do it.

Cheers,
                                        -Tristan