Re: Thread-generated signals

Hi Michael,

I am a beginner in Linux programming, and your suggestion works!  But I am
still having some problem that the CPU usage is always 100% after the
program starts.  Could you please look at my code below and give me some
suggestion?

Thanks a lot!!!

Following is some of my code:

// idle handler of the main loop
gboolean OnIdle(int msgQid)
{
	if(thread_signal)
	{
          	RefreshImage();
	}
	return TRUE;
}

int main (int argc, char *argv[])
{
 gnome_program_init (PACKAGE, VERSION, LIBGNOMEUI_MODULE,
                      argc, argv,
                      GNOME_PARAM_APP_DATADIR, PACKAGE_DATA_DIR,
                      NULL);

//register an idle handler to update the image when the background thread
emits a signal
	gdk_threads_enter();
	g_idle_add(OnIdle, nMsgQID); /* may need some macros here; I'm a
 	                         * PyGTK/GTKmm guy, so the C stuff
   	                         * isn't my forte */
       gdk_threads_leave();

  MainWnd = create_MainWnd ();
  gtk_widget_show (MainWnd);

  gtk_main ();
  return 0;
}

Sent from the Gtk+ - General forum at Nabble.com.