Re: Re: Adding Columns to Gtk::TreeView

Asssuming you have the column in hand you can add it using
gtk_tree_view_insert_column. I believe that this function can be
called at any time, so you shouldn't have to worry about adding
columns during runtime. You'll also need to setup your model obviously
for the column that you're adding.

Mark Kegel

On 7/31/06, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm writing an application, where in  I need to add columns to a TreeView.
> But the catch is those columns will be added at the run time. The other
> thing is i dont know how many columns I'd be adding during run time.
>
> But I know what type of columns i'd be adding (say string/boolean/pixbuf
> etc). Can this be done using the current API. If so how?

You can dynamically create Gtk::TreeModelColumn<ustring/bool/pixbuf>
objects and dynamically add them to your Gtk::TreeModel::ColumnRecord
object. Then just use that ColumnRecord at runtime.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com