GtkFileChooser, Filters and Typeahead

Hi,

I've got an open file dialog implemented usign GtkFileChooser.

Now one thing my users want is to 'filter' which files are displayed in the file list (as an additional filter on top of the 'normal' filters).

So, if I have

aaa.txt
bbb.txt
abb.txt
foo.c

in my dir then the user already has set the 'normal' filter (GtkFileFilter) for *.txt and would get

aaa.txt
bbb.txt
abb.txt

Now the user wants to filter away everything that does not match ?bb.* for instance.

-> Is there any way to do that in GtkFileChooser? Iirc in windows one always had a textbox where one could enter an additional filter pattern. Or, can I somehow use the typeahead function to enter a new filter?

If nothing exists that provides that kind of functionalty, would someone perhaps have some good suggestions about how to implement it?

kind regards Philip