copy a GtkTreeView

I've been reading through the documentation trying to figure out how
to copy a GtkTreeView (or barring that a GtkTreeViewColumn) and I
don't see anything that would allow me to do that. I've managed to
figure out how to copy the model, but the view and the column(s) don't
seem to be copiable. I tried to use g_copy_value but that only gave me
a shallow copy. Really I only need to be able to copy the columns
contained in the view, because I could then just create a new view and
through the columns and model in, but I would prefer a solution that
could copy the entire view. Is this even possible? Thanks.

Mark Kegel