Re: Gtk+-2.0: First attempt

Hello again Bill

I have slackware 10.0 on an old laptop, and I just followed my earlier
advice ... downloaded the gtk source package for slackware 10.0,
installed it, and ran various examples.

The source package got installed in /gtk+-2.4.3, and I found that I
had to run ./configure in the top level directory  to create a
config.h and then change the #include in the individual example files
from <config.h> to "../../config.h ... then everything worked find.

LGE

PS, running ./config was ALL I had to do before compiling the examples.