What's worry with the "entry" widget? It makes my application so ugly!

Hello everyone
   First ,I am sorry for my poor Englisth !

   In my application, there are sveral "entry" widgets

   usually ,they are nice, and the widget's default size is that:
       it's width can accommodate 12 characters ,as follow,
         +---------------------+
          |012345678901|
         +---------------------+

   But ,today , when I test my application,
   I suddenly found that, the "entry" widget's default size it lagger
than before
      it's width can accommodate nearly 25 characters ,asfollow,
         |01234567890123456789012345|

     The entry widget suddenly changed so large,
     It makes my application ugly

     I did not know why it becomes so large
     I need your help!

     Any commets would be much appreciated, and thanks in advance!