Re: Code migration.

On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 10:54:19PM +0200, David Ne?as (Yeti) wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 09:46:18PM -0700, William D. Tallman wrote:
<snip>

Authoritative response: thanks!

I'm doing this software as a (sort of) hobby project, and I know just
enough C to have an inkling of how much I don't know.  Same goes for
Gtk+.  At this stage, it's still fun to code GUI stuff!

That said, another part of the fun is discovering that stuff that used
to be imponderable is starting to make sense, like (in this case) the
realization that 1.2 is a bit primitive when compared to 2.0 apps (all
of which I didn't write, of course... ;) ).

When I get basic functionality (astronomical data for naked eye systemic
astronomy based on location and time), I'll start reproducing that in
2.0.  More than basic functionality will wait until then, I've decided.

So migration will be addressed in due time, at which point I'll very
likely start asking questions again.  And I'm edified by the responses
I've gotten here!

Thanks, Yeti.

btw are anonyms synonymous with posters that lack any perceivable
identity?  Does diet have anything to do with that?  :D

Bill Tallman