Re: Scrolling performance

On 7/6/06, Michael Ekstrand <mekstran scl ameslab gov> wrote:
> I'm seeing these issues, and I'm fed up of them not being fixed. I'd
> like
> to know what tools the GTK developers use for measuring performance
> changes, and how I can cut out Cairo in order to get a grip on exactly
> what is going on.

Are you using the GTK default theme?  I'd try cutting any non-default
themes out first.  And it looks like Cairo can't be removed, for better
or worse.

Also, to repeat something from earlier in this thread, it sounds as if
there might be an undesirable interaction between the nvidia
accelerated driver and gtk's double buffering strategy. You could also
try another driver and see how gtk performance is affected.

(also, for what it's worth, gtk feels about the same speed as qt on my
laptop ... 1.8 GHz PM, ATI graphics)