Re: Scrolling performance

Clemens Eisserer wrote:
Welcome to the wonderful world of GTK... where performance keeps going
down with every new version.
Well that was also my impression and nobody really cared about my
complaints (e.g. one complained about gtk/windows performance, he was
flamed, I gave an example -> thread was dead, nobody answerd anymore).
... therefor I decided to start working on it on my own.

However even now I don't receive much help, e.g. my question about
listening to special window events stays unanswerd :-/
I wonder whats the problem, if they take 2min to write an answer they
could save hours of tuning effort someone else does (or which most
likely otherwise won't happen at all).

Have you tried the GdkWindow API documentation? The answer has been there all along. It's called gdk_window_add_filter().

I am going to be generous again and assume you can figure out for yourself how to use the GdkXEvent events.
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab              They never open their mouths
New Mexico State University         without subtracting from the
Box 30001, MSC 3CRL                 sum of human knowledge.
Las Cruces, NM  88003                 -- Thomas Bracket Reed (1839-1902)