Cannot download

Is it me is or is it the files? I have been trying to download gtk+ for a
day or so, but every file I ftp from
     ftp.gtk.org
turns out to be bad:

vipunen ~/wakana 79 % gtar -jtvf z/gtk+-2.8.8.tar.bz2

bzip2: Data integrity error when decompressing.
        Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout)

It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted.
You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files.

You can use the `bzip2recover' program to *attempt* to recover
data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.

gtar: Child returned status 2
gtar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
vipunen ~/wakana 80 % bzip2 -tvv z/gtk+-2.8.8.tar.bz2
  z/gtk+-2.8.8.tar.bz2:
    [1: huff+mtf data integrity (CRC) error in data

You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover
data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.

vipunen ~/wakana 81 %

This is just one example. The same thing happens with pango, atk, etc.

And yes - these are BINARY downloads. Ermm - I've been ftp'ing stuff
for years, but this is the first time I see the error messages above.

Sakari Aaltonen