Re: How to use the GnomeAppBar

Richard,

Thanks for the help.  That made it work perfectly.  I guess I still have a lot to learn about gtk_main().

Travis Miller

On 1/13/06, Richard Boaz <riboaz xs4all nl> wrote:
hi,

every time in your code where the progress bar should be updated, execute
the following code:

while (gtk_events_pending())
    gtk_main_iteration();

this will force the events generated by your call to update the progress
bar to be processed by the main loop, thus updating the screen.

beware: this will process all main loop events.  if your processing code
in the background generates its own events to be processed by the main
loop, they will get processed as well.

if you do generate other events during your processing that should not be
processed by the main loop until your code has completed, you need to
instantiate a new main_loop() that will be responsible for only processing
the progress bar update events.

cheers,

richard