Re: How to get multiple instances of a menubar using GtkUIManager

Davide G. García wrote:
[...]
When I create a child window, get the menubar with gtk_ui_manager_get_widget(), and put it in a table row inside the child window, it happens that in the first window created, it works, but on the next ones, it gives a warning when I do a gtk_table_attach(). Something like:

gtk_table_attach(): GTK assertion failed: child->parent == NULL

(I'm not pretty sure of it, because I'm not at home right now, sorry. I'll post some code when I get home, if you guys need it.)

I thought that it was a bug: may the widget get orphan by some strange thing. I tried to reparent it using gtk_window_reparent(), but doesn't work at all.

gtk_ui_manager_get_widget() is returning the same widget from
the same ui every time you call it.

You can concievably:
    a.) Reparent this widget in multiple places in the interface;
        remember that the widget can only be viewable at one place
        at a time (see the FAQ for reparenting details)
    b.) Create another GtkUIManager for the same ui description;
        thus creating an entirely seperate instance of your
        menubar.

Cheers,
                           -Tristan