Removing Image from GTKScrolledWindow

Hi

I need to change a GTKImage object, that is inside a GTKScrolledWindow.
Everytime the user clicks a render button an image is generated. I insert it
with

gtk_scrolled_window_add_with_viewport (
      GTK_SCROLLED_WINDOW (image_scroll_pane),
  	  image);

Now I need a method that removes the existing image, before I can insert a
new one. Because subsequent calls of ...add_with_viewport() fail, if a child
(the image) exists. I tried to use
gtk_container_remove(GTK_CONTAINER(image_scroll_pane), image);
 but that does not work for the GTKImage, because it is not a container.
Does anybody know how to remove the image from the GTKScrolledWindow??

thx in advance
Lars Weber

--
DSL-Aktion wegen großer Nachfrage bis 28.2.2006 verlängert:
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl