Re: Compiling gtk2 on HP-UX 11.11?

Roman Toenshoff wrote:
* Roman Toenshoff <Roman Toenshoff drkaiser de> [060216 10:25]:

But with the exception of cairo. All packages are installed.
Is cairo really needed? For what?

I can't compile cairo becaus it references to a stdint.h which is not on my
system (where is it from?).

while there is no stdint.h on my 11.11 system, there is a stdint.h on my 11.23 system.

Ok, now i managed to compile cairo and gtk+.

Ah, did you teach cairo where to find whatever it wanted from stdint.h? Was cairo's configure script missing a check for stdint.h to allow for conditional include? Regardless by all means feed those changes back.

I had to change some header includes and then it works.
But:

Many testprograms of gtk+ are dumping.
For example:
./testfilechooser
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

./testcombo
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Others like
testrgb, simple, ... work without errors.

Any hints?

It would be good to know just where they are dumping core, so finding the core files and getting the stack traces and/or running the failing programs under a debugger would be a good first step.

rick jones

Roman