Re: Compiling gtk2 on HP-UX 11.11?

* Rick Jones <rick jones2 hp com> [060215 23:16]:
> Roman Toenshoff wrote:
> >has anybody managed to compile gtk2 on HP-UX?
>
> is there a depot on hpux.connect.org.uk or its mirrors?  the bits may be
> dated, but if they had to change makefiles or whatnot that might be
> visible.  if nothing else, I think there is a request mechanism there.
> might also check software.hp.com

Thanks for your reply,

yes i looked on the porting center (http://hpux.connect.org.uk).
Their version is 2.2.2 (2004). They only
reported some link-options for the HP-compiler. But i use gcc 3.4.3.
I already requested gtk+ a year ago, but there was never a response.
I think that they have problems too, because ALL other packages (glib,
atk,...) where ported in newer versions, except gtk+ and cairo :(

> what sort of specific problems are you encountering?  i'm far from a
> portability expert, but i have some interest in gtk on ux via netperf4
> (http://www.netperf.org/)

After comiling and installing glib, pango and atk, the configure-script of
gtk+ stops with the message:

 checking for BASE_DEPENDENCIES... configure: error: Package requirements
 (glib-2.0 >= 2.8.5    atk >= 1.0.1    pango >= 1.9.0    cairo >= 0.9.2) were
 not met.

But with the exception of cairo. All packages are installed.
Is cairo really needed? For what?
I can't compile cairo becaus it references to a stdint.h which is not on my
system (where is it from?).

Roman