Compile time GTK version info/define

	Hi,

I have run across something where building on different targets for a binary distribution of my C/GTK program means I have to compile against different versions of the GTK libraries. What define, if any, is around to indicate what set of features are available. i.e. is there a GTK_2_6 define or some such thing? For those wondering what my problem is, my main machine is a Debian Sarge machine with GTK 2.6 installed. I am also wanting to produce a binary on a RedHat Fedora Core 3 machine that only has GTK 2.4. I've been able to write my application fine with only GTK 2.4 features and all is well. The problem came yesterday when I made a slight change and added a gtk_file_chooser_set_show_hidden(), which I later realized is a 2.6 only feature. Now, it's not something critical to really NEED 2.6, but if you compile against 2.6 it would be nice to have. So, being able to 'trim out' features at compile time, or alternative code-paths would be useful.

	Thanks,

	Derek

--
Derek Piper - dcpiper indiana edu - (812) 856 0111
IRI 323, School of Informatics