RE: install gtk

 You can check the env vars PKG_CONFIG_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Maybe the known glib path is not your glib installed path.

To make it ok, set the two vars above to the path you install glib in.

From: gtk-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:gtk-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of xu zhou
Sent: Monday, December 25, 2006 11:22 AM
To: gtk-list gnome org
Subject: install gtk

   When I try to install gtk-2.10 , it told me to intall the latest version of glib . I download glib-2.12 and successfully install it. But when I run ./configure it still says my glib verion is 2.6.4 which is the old version installed with linux. I down know how to remove the old version of glib and let the gtk find the new version of glib.

Best Wishes!

Zhang Hui