Re: Compiling gtk+-2.10.2 - can't find pangocairo package

--- Leonard Teo <leolists leonardteo com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been unsuccessfully trying to ./configure gtk+-2.10.2 on Red Hat
> Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 4).
>
> I've installed cairo and pango successfully, but upon trying to ./
> configure --prefix=/usr gtk+, I get the following error:
>
> ---
> checking Pango flags... configure: error:
> *** Pango not found. Pango built with Cairo support is required
> *** to build GTK+. See http://www.pango.org for Pango information.
> ---
>
> Pango is definitely installed. pango.pc exists in /usr/lib/pkgconfig/
>
> --
> [root server1 ~]# pkg-config --cflags pango
> -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/
> include
> --
>
> Looking at the configure file, I see that it's trying to look for a
> package called "pangocairo". The line in the configure file shows:
> PANGO_PACKAGES="pango pangocairo"
>
> When I run pkg-config to search for 'pangocairo', it's not found.
>
> I've gone back to the installation of Pango and found that
> pangocairo.pc is in the build directory. It's all there but for some
> reason, make install of Pango doesn't copy pangocairo.pc or any of
> the pangocairo files into the respective installation directories.
>
> I've tried to set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH to the build directory of
> pango, which forces gtk+ to configure but when it comes to build
> time, it fails.
>
> Does anyone know how to build and install 'pangocairo' so that gtk+
> can compile without a hitch?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Leonard

Try my tool - see signature.

You'll need to perform trivial editing:

http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/ ->
http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/README ->
3. FOR THE IMPATIENT: CHANGING VERSIONS OF TARGETS TO BE BUILT.

I did check myself that  gtk+-2.10.1 compiles.

--Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/