Re: Question on gtk library dependencies

On Aug 23, 2006, at 6:44 PM, John Koshi wrote:
Looking at the libraries, I see libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.600.10
is already present. Will there be a conflict if I now get
the package libgtk2.0-0 from Familiar?

My concern is that libgtk2.0-0 and it's several dependencies
(ie:libgcc1, libglib2.0-0, liblango1.0-0, libatk0, etc), all
appear to be earlier versions than what I now have installed
on my ipaq, and I may end with a mess if I do install it.

Thing 1 to try: does Familiar have a way to "inject" a package (tell it that a package is effectively installed, although you haven't actually installed it - different distros call it different things, but it lets you install something manually and tell the package manager that "yeah, I have this...").

Otherwise, it very well might be OK. Might not. Best way to find out is to back up the files and try.

- Michael