Re: Mac OS X: error: X development libraries not found

I'm working on porting a gtk software program that runs on linux/windows to MAC OS X. The prior release of my software works fine on Mac (Tiger) with the X11 server. I'm trying the native port. I was able to build my Gtk development environment up to gtk-2.8.20 version ( glib, pango, cairo, atk, etc all installed "ok" ). But when I go to configure gtk, I get the error:  X development libraries not found. I removed all X11 packages to try building a vanilla native Mac devel env.

An update to this problem. I was able to compile and get the GTK devel env built on MAC OS X Tiger. And IT WORKS! Albeit, my software has a black screen ( I had problems with libjpeg - which I know how to fix ), and something is wrong with my font set up. I can't figure out the font problem yet. Has anyone run into a problem with loading fonts on application start up? I tried moving the fc-cache program from Gtk/bin to my software program - and after installing a script and running it. The program would start. I had to add the Mac OS X: /Library/Fonts  directory to the etc/fonts/fonts.conf file.

Here is the error I am getting. Any recomendations?
The domain/default pair of (.GlobalPreferences, AppleCollationOrder) does not exist

(mudmagic-bin:2001): Pango-WARNING **: No builtin or dynamically
loaded modules were found. Pango will not work correctly.
This probably means there was an error in the creation of:
  '/GTK/etc/pango/pango.modules'
You should create this file by running pango-querymodules.

(mudmagic-bin:2001): Pango-WARNING **: pango_shape called with bad font, expect ugly output

(mudmagic-bin:2001): Pango-WARNING **: pango_font_get_glyph_extents called with bad font, expect ugly output

(mudmagic-bin:2001): Gdk-WARNING **: Unsupported cursor type 14, using default

(mudmagic-bin:2001): Pango-WARNING **: pango_font_get_font_map called with bad font, expect ugly output

(mudmagic-bin:2001): Pango-CRITICAL **: _pango_cairo_font_map_get_renderer: assertion `PANGO_IS_CAIRO_FONT_MAP (fontmap)' failed

(mudmagic-bin:2001): Pango-WARNING **: _pango_cairo_font_install called with bad font, expect ugly output

BUT, it is working =) And without _any_ X11 application on the box ( I fully removed all traces of X11 before compiling )
These are the install instructions I'm using to build my GTK devel environment.
http://cvs.mudmagic.com/co.php/mudmagic_client/macintosh.txt?r=1.2

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Calvin