gtk_label_set_text () BUG !?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!!? ( N00b)

Hi !

  I`m workin` on a chessgame project. I`m willing to use GLib threads to make ticking clock visible in my GUI. Thread function modifies ( by gtk_label_set_text () ) text in label, which`s pointer is given as a parameter to Thread. The problem is, that when the thread function is modyfying text, application slows down, and after first modification of label it is impossible to do anything. No reaction. If gtk_label_set_text () is removed, everything is all right. Is it a bug ? or what ? any clue ?

short desc. of what i`ve done :
Thread function is static, it`s part of Timer class. In main.cpp i`m just calling g_thread_init (NULL) just before creating Timer class object. I`m compiling it with
pkg-config gthread-2.0 --libs --cflags and the same (pkg-config..) with gtk.

Thanks for any help.

PS. Fajny portal... >>> http://link.interia.pl/f196a