Re: gtk

(Please keep the discussion on the list, don't mail me personally.)

Bill Cunningham writes:
 > pkg-config doesn't help me much. I'm not quite sure how to use it. I
 > know there is the PKG_CONFIG variable. Do you set that in bash_profile ? I
 > must confess I can't figure out how to use the package.

You still didn't tell your development and target environment... As
far as we know, you might for instance be using Cygwin (a Linux
emulation package for Windows), OpenVMS, Ultrix, or some embedded
environment.

Setting an environment variable can be done in several files, or
interactively. How to do it depends on how persistent you want it to
be, and whether for all users or just you. What your shell setup files
are called and where they are depends much on your operating system,
shell, and local system administration procedures. And how to set
environment variables has nothing to do with gtk as such...

--tml