Widget focus

Hi!

I have a strange problem with the "moving" of the focus of the widgets
in a window (GTK1.2.10 - Embedded System):

Let there be 3 push-bottons in a window and the first one has the keyboard focus.
Now I press "cursor down" and the next button gets the keyboard focus.
Same procedure for the third button.

But when I press now "cursor down", the focus goes elsewhere, but not back to
the first button. This happens after another "cursor down".

It seems, that something like "the window" or "the container" gets the focus.
I tried to understand the sourcefiles gtk_window.c and gtk_container.c, but
I do not get any simple solution for this problem.

Maybe someone can help me....
Thanks,
Markus