Looking for new customised GUI

Hello,

I work for a small British firm making post-production film special effects software. We are looking into a new user inferface to add to our software, which can be totally customised, and capable of running on both Windows and Macintosh machines. Upon browsing the Internet, and speaking to colleagues GTK+ has become very interesting to look into.

We would like to ask if GTK+ would be capable of producing a GUI for a video effects application, something similar to Adobe After Effects.

Things of interest with us would include customised look which would mirror on both platforms. Creating our own widgets for use with color wheels, histograms and dialog boxes; vector drawing, flow charts and interactive movie timeline, to name but a few.

Would GTK+ be capable of all this? Or if not would to be possible using another means?

Thank you,

Tim Edwards
FXhome.com