RE: Cannot close MessageDialog using kbd if text has focus

Frank Millman wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I am developing an app using wxPython/GTK2 on FC5. I reported
> this issue to the wxPython mailing list and was told that as
> MessageDialog is a native widget, it should be reported to
> the GTK project. I *think* that the version of GTK2 is 2.8.15
> - not sure how to check properly.
>
> If I display a MessageDialog with only an OK button, and the
> user presses <tab> by mistake, focus passes to the message
> text, but it is not visually obvious what has happened. If
> the user then presses <enter>, nothing happens and it looks
> as if the application is not responding. The solution is to
> press <tab> again, which passes focus back to the button.
> Then pressing <enter> closes the dialog correctly. However,
> this is not obvious, and the user can think that the
> application has hung.
>
> Is this a bug? Normal behaviour with a dialog is that, if
> there is a default button, pressing <enter> activates the
> button, even if it does not have focus.

No-one?

I am proposing to report this as a bug, but I was hoping for some feedback
in case I am missing something - I do not want to clutter the bug-tracker
with a spurious report.

If I don't get any replies in the next day or so, I will go ahead and report
the bug.

My guess is that the bug should be categorised as follows -

	Classification: Platform ; Application: GTK+ ; Component: gtk

Can anyone confirm that this is correct - I would prefer to get it right
first time if possible.

Thanks

Frank