RE: Associating Strings and Variables

You could do this quite easily by using a global GObject to hold your
associations. You can then use g_object_[sg]et_data to set/retrieve them,
e.g.:

	/* At startup: */
	gpointer assocObj = g_object_new(G_TYPE_OBJECT, NULL);

then:
	g_object_set_data(assocObj, "some-name", some_data);

	p = g_object_get_data(assocObj, "some-name");

Ian