Re: How to make Gtk 1.2 apps look like Gtk 2.0 apps?

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 14:37 -0700, Bill Olinger wrote:
> I remember seeing somewhere a sym link hack or something like that
> which would make my existing Gtk 1.2 apps look like (use?) my Gtk 2.0
> theme widgets.
>
> Does anyone know how to do this?

Sounds a bit fishy to me.  Given that the ABI is not compatible between
2 and 1.2, it's not possible.

> Or a Gtk 1.2 theme that looks like Gtk 2.0?

Yup.  RedHat did this with bluecurve.  Qt, Gtk1.2, and Gtk2 all had
themes that were as close as possible.

Only a very few themes out there ship versions for gtk1.2 apps.

Michael