Re: how to wrk wid colors?

They way I would implement something like this would be to introduce a
state variable, which would represent which frame to render. Pass the
state to the draw_rect() callback, and draw the contents according to
which state the application is in. Then add a timeout callback, which
updates the state, and calls gtk_widget_queue_draw() on the widget.
Did I mention Cairo ? :)

--Jacob