Re: Naming / Labelling Widgets

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 10:23 -0600, Richard Plana wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 11:34 -0600, Richard Plana wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 10:48 +0300, Dov Grobgeld wrote:
> > > Isn't this exactly what the "Name: " field in glade is doing?
> >
> > Apparently not. Glade is using the string in the "Name" field to
> > name its variables in the generated C code (interface.c) but it does
> > not call gtk_widget_set_name() on the widget with it. Paul mentioned
> > that one can get Glade to do this, but I still cannot find the
> > switch to do this. I definitely do not want to manually modify the
> > generated interface.c file for obvious reasons. Any help on this
> > would be appreciated.
>
> Hopped over to the glade-users mailing list. The switch is actually a
> global project option. In the "C Options" tab, "General Options" pane,
> it's the "Set Widget Name" checkbox.

You appear to be using Glade code generation. This is not generally
recommended. At most it's a gimmick. Nobody uses it for real
applications. I encourage you to investigate libglade. It will make your
life easier and, because of that, it will make your UI better.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com