Re: Naming / Labelling Widgets

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 11:34 -0600, Richard Plana wrote:
On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 10:48 +0300, Dov Grobgeld wrote:
Isn't this exactly what the "Name: " field in glade is doing?

Apparently not. Glade is using the string in the "Name" field to name its variables in the generated C code (interface.c) but it does not call gtk_widget_set_name() on the widget with it. Paul mentioned that one can get Glade to do this, but I still cannot find the switch to do this. I definitely do not want to manually modify the generated interface.c file for obvious reasons. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Hopped over to the glade-users mailing list. The switch is actually a global project option. In the "C Options" tab, "General Options" pane, it's the "Set Widget Name" checkbox.

Thanks all!
--

Richi Plana