Re: how serious are these compiler warnings?

On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 15:30 -0700, Rick Jones wrote:
> which seems to be an issue with the callback function field of the
> GOptionEntry.  Do folks think it is something really worth worrying
> about or should I just blythly ignore it and move-on?

While it appears that this is harmless, I'd recommend that you
explicitly cast your functions to (void*).  You'd actually have to do
this with pointers to integers as well.

The reason this is required is that GOptionEntry only wants (void *)
which it casts to either to the type you specified, whether it be an
integer or a function.  So it is up to you to explicitly cast, or let
the compiler do it for you.  Explicit casting is safer (prevents
mistakes).