GtkTextView and expose-event

Hi All,

I am trying to write a text on a GtkTextView using gdk_darw_layout at expose-event. The expose-event connects to the widget using the g_signal_connect_after call. I have everything that is required, i.e. the pangolayout, x,y coordinates to be displayed etc. What I get is that in the Resultant UI, the text that I want to draw is clipped by the area in which I can enter text. Can't I paint on that area?

Thanks,
Mohit