Re: window delete, hide, and present on Win32

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 11:20:00PM +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

> Well, the window state management code in the gdk/win32 backend is
> quite hairy, and no doubt has bugs... I am afraid of touching it,
> though, as fixing one corner case might break another, without me
> noticing. I would almost recomment you manually keep track of where
> the window should be after re-showing it, and move it there explicitly
> if necessary ;-)

I understand, although it means some hairy code on my
side...

But I have one more desperate idea: It should be possible to
send the auxiliary window a synthetic close message when
Hide is clicled.  Is it a reasonable thing to do?  (Any
implementation hints would be appreciated too -- I'm not
a MS Windows programmer)

Thanks,

Yeti

--