Re: window delete, hide, and present on Win32

David Necas (Yeti) writes:
 > However, metacity takes GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_UTILITY as
 > `place always to the upper left corner, no matter what',
 > thus exhibiting the second behaviour.

Ah ;-) Yes, it was metacity...

 > The crucial difference is that whatever I try on X11 and
 > whatever kind of silly placement behaviour I get, it is
 > always the same for both hiding methods (for a particular
 > window manager).  On Win32 they are different and I don't
 > know why.

Well, the window state management code in the gdk/win32 backend is
quite hairy, and no doubt has bugs... I am afraid of touching it,
though, as fixing one corner case might break another, without me
noticing. I would almost recomment you manually keep track of where
the window should be after re-showing it, and move it there explicitly
if necessary ;-)

--tml