in Gtk 2.x.x, Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x9d5)!

Hello,
I was using pretty well Gtk1.2 for image displaying.
But now I am changning to Gtk 2.x.
I could not find any functions replacing functions, gthread related.
So, I have asynchronizing problems with Gtk version 2.xx.

In my appl. there are many drawing areas to display images simultaneously.
With searching in this mail list, I found that image displaying on Gtk 1.2 is faster than that on Gtk 2.xx.
Is it still same? If so I will wait and use Gtk version 1.2

I hope there are functions on Gtk 2.x.x to replace gthread related functions on Gtk 1.2.
So, I can use gdk_draw_rgb_image()'s without asynch problems.

Any ideas for Gtk 2.x.x beginner?

Thanks,
bkna.